Safe Patient Handling and Moving Comprehensive Training
Description – Schedule Course Demo and Class Quote
Course Note: On-site, on-location Instructor led training. Requires a minimum number of users of 10-30, plus expenses. This is a cost quote project that will get your staff properly trained and certified in all of the Safe Patient Handling techniques covered in our courses.
Participants will leave this training program with an understanding of the No Lift Transfer Process.
This basic training program is essential for all caregivers who perform patient-handling and movement tasks. Some staff will need additional training on the appropriate mechanical transfer equipment including the safe patient assessment. Best practices include an annual skill review for all active staff members to insure adequate knowledge of the safe patient handling skills. Tell, Demo and Perform style insures each student understands the principles of manual patient handling.
Our training provides both skills and knowledge to safely evaluate the transfer situation and safely complete the necessary transfer technique.
Tell, Demo and Perform style insures each student understands the principles of manual patient handling.
- Introduction to skill enhancement
- Tools of the trade
- Preparing the patient to transfer
- Preparing yourself to transfer
- The stand pivot without the swivel
- The squat pivot without the swivel
- The slide board without the swivel
- The swivel description and use
- The stand pivot with the swivel
- The squat pivot with the swivel
- The slide back with the swivel
- The slide board with the swivel
- The two person transfer with the swivel
- The knee supported transfer with the swivel
- The vest transfer
- Proof you can transfer a larger person safely and easily
The patient handling course consists of five parts.
- Hands-on Training – Sessions are conducted In-house. The hands-on portion is 2 hr. There are 3 sessions per day with up to 10 students in each session.
- Physical Review Program – A check list used to review the performance of each of the transfer steps to determine if the attendee can demonstrate an understanding of the transfer requirements.
Duration & Assessment
The course is between 2 – 4 hours long depending on the number of students on the course. Students will be evaluated on their patient moving and handling techniques. They must demonstrate competence in all movements and pass a written test.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be issued with a certificate. This cert will be valid for 2 years.
In order to maintain your qualification after your two-year certification period you will be required to undertake the course again. There is no refresher training for people who currently have an in-date certificate.
- Over 10 Modules of content!
- Training, Testing and Certification Included.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current industry Safe Patient Handling and Injury Reduction Issues.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes